Retromaster’s Electronics Projects

…related to old computers and other assorted stuff…

Cumulus Bus Issues Solved?

Posted by retromaster on August 5, 2011

Here’s a quick update: Apparently, swapping the AHCT variants of the buffer ICs on the CumuluBus with HC ones did the trick! Coupled with some of the changes I did to the CPLD code, Cumulus seems to be working stable with all three of the Atmos’es I have, with no video issues whatsoever. Over the weekend, if I find the time, I’ll be doing some more tests so that we’ll know for sure… and I might also work on the PIC firmware a bit as well, as there might be still some rough edges there.

I may have to do some repair work in the next days as well, since it looks like the Oric 1 I mentioned in the previous post does not work (with or without Cumulus). Fortunately, the ULA is most likely fine since there is video output (vertical B/W bars). Probably the DRAMs have died… Luckily I have stock🙂.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: