Retromaster’s Electronics Projects

…related to old computers and other assorted stuff…

Built TFE+ Prototype Board

Posted by retromaster on March 20, 2010

I finally managed to build the TFE+ Amiga version prototype board. I fully assembled the board but did not install the ICs in their sockets yet.

Apparently, I did a rather sloppy job here. The toner transfer and etching went OK (done using glossy paper instead of the usual PnP Blue). I wanted to apply a soldermask afterwards and that’s where things went wrong. It seems I overcooked the board after applying the glass paint (that’s the reason for the discoloration of parts of the board) and I was not able to remove the masked areas after curing. So I removed the paint layer altogether, and just applied the protective flux layer instead. Well, it’s just a prototype, anyway.

Now, it’s time to get the firmware working on this board…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: